Sunday, February 27, 2011

response

Taken from my friend Rachels blog... "If you have seen God's Providence work in your life, will you share it?  God wants us to shout it out when He works miracles for us and it helps other people build their faith as well."


Gods providence.... hmmm.  I know it's huge in my life.  Actually, ironically it is so huge that it is even in little things. Gods Providence guides me... even through the day to day, mundane, sometimes boring, life that I lead.  Yet, I am blessed.  And, I will shout it out.  Can I hear a little "WootWoot"?


I go before the King of the Universe daily.... not just daily, but hourly...   You know the verse, "Pray without ceasing." It's not that I really strive for that.  It's just that it is.  I do it.  It is one of those things that is natural for me.  It's kind of like breathing to some.  I don't mean to come across as arrogant, pious, or a "holier than thou" person.  It's just that I've got this amazing relationship with Jesus to where I really do feel that I am in conversation with the maker of the universe all the time.  It's crazy when I think about it.  The creator of the Universe cares about me.  He loves me.  He loves that I am in communion with him.  He will guide direct me.  The creator of the universe, folks.  That's one pretty amazing guy.  The Savior.  The all-knowing, all-powerful, all-loving GOD... He loves ME!  And, I get to rest in that.  


The above question brings to mind the times that I have forgotten that.  Those "hard days" when I feel alone, overwhelmed, exhausted, and just weak.  Yet, even in those days God is with me.  But, sometimes I forget.  Sometimes I get so busy thinking, pondering, even praying about what is wrong that I forget who I am praying to.  I forget that God REALLY, REALLY does just want me to rest in Him.   Fortunately, it doesn't take to long for me to remember, 'Oh yeah.  God loves me.  I'm here for a reason.'


Thank you Father for loving me.  Thank you for letting me rest in you, even when I am weak.  Thank you for letting me just be.  Thank you.


And thanks Rachel for reminding me that Gods Providence can be a daily part of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment