Saturday, February 19, 2011

Life, In Spite of Me

Life, In Spite of Me by Kristen Jane Anderson: Book Cover

Wow!  I'd heard about this young lady from my mom.  I didn't realize she had a book.  My mom is a Christian Speaker, and she gets to know a lot of people.  She is also writing a book.  She told me she had lunch with a girl that had tried to commit suicide by laying in front of a train.  I thought, "how in the world would you not die from that?!"  I knew that this young lady must be writing a book because my mom met her at a book writers conference.

And, then I saw the book on Multnomahs review page.  I was so excited.  I'd get to hear the story from Kristen herself!

So, I told Multnomah that I would love to review the book for them.  They sent me a free copy (to keep) so that I would write a review for them.

I read the book in 3 settings.  I read it until I couldn't stay awake any longer, and picked it up first thing in the morning so I could finish it.  It's an excellent read!

I wasn't 3 pages into the book when I was calling my friends and telling them I couldn't wait until I finished it so I could pass it around!  This book captures your heart that quickly!  We already know the premise for the story, but to hear it from the actual person is amazing.  It kept my attention the whole time.  It made me laugh.  It made me cry.  It made me understand the importance of telling people of their worth, TODAY.  Don't wait until it's too late.  Don't wait until tragedy strikes.  Tell others how much they mean to you and God right now.  Don't wait another minute.  Pick up the phone and call them.

Thank you Kristen for sharing your story so that peoples lives can be changed.  You've changed my life.  You've helped me to know that helping is important, even if it's just a phone call or a letter.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment