Saturday, October 2, 2010

just some thoughts

i've been struggling with, well, just with being i guess. i'm all about making other people happy. but, in the mean time i've forgotten about myself. well, i don't want to stop being there for other people. i don't want to stop making other people happy, because in all reality, that's part of what makes me happy... making others happy. but, what i do need to do is remember myself. remember that it's not really all about others. what makes me happy? outside of others, what makes me happy?

*games
*hearing from Jesus :)
*music
*the internet (i know... it's shallow, but true)
*fun movies
*food :)

man, it's so hard to make a list without including things with people. in all reality i can't really get a lot of enjoyment without other people. sorry, but that's just me. sure, i've heard, "well i can't make you happy" yada, yada... it's true... a person in themselves can't make someone happy, but i think it's okay to be happier because we get to share life with people. hmmm... i think that was a tangent. :)

on to what i was really thinking about.... Jesus... yeah, he's cool

the first thing that Jesus reminded me of today was in 1 john...."let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth." that is what i really needed to hear today because i've been really trying to love my husband by "being there for him." (my words, not his) and, i've been trying to say the right thing because i figured if i can just say certain things he'll feel loved... and it was killing me... it was killing me because i wasn't able to say the right thing. finally, i went in the other room and spent some time with Jesus.... and he said to me... check this out.... and then there was that verse. how freaking awesome is that? pretty awesome.

and also, i am reading in proverbs.... and proverbs 2 says this:

my son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,

turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding

and if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding

and if you look for it as silver
and search for it as hidden treasure

then you will understand the fear of the Lord
and find the knowledge of God.

wow... if that's not something to chew on and think about i don't know what is.

ah, back to the origination of this post... it really makes me smile when i make people smile. wow, this has been kind of all over the place, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment