Thursday, October 28, 2010

my calling and boys :)

so, while i was reading a book for my book club (which i absolutely LOVE), one of the characters said something that i really have thought about. she said, "not everyone recieves a calling. most people just fall into something." very interesting.... i don't think i agree, but it has definitely created some thought. i think that the people that "don't recieve a calling" are really just not looking. Jesus said, "for i know the plans i have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." so, God's got plans for us.... that's our calling... we just need to seek it. my calling for the future is to open a youth center in bremen. that's what i have been called to do. i heard God. in the meantime that doesn't mean i should sit on my butt and just wait for it to happen. i have to get out there, form a nonprofit, get donatiions and grants, work, work, work. but i'm not going to neglect today either. i'm going to fulfill God's calling for my life daily. my daily calling is to be the woman God wants me to be. raise my boy with Gods help and be a help mate to my husband i know it's not all about that. i know that my identity is in Christ and Christ alone, but He has called me to do these things... be a loving mom and wife... and teach my son. speaking of my son... it's really cruddy out here today.... rainy, and the like. and maz has his friend from preschool over, hunter. this is the first time hunter has come over, and these boys are having the time of their life. they are loving it. it's fun to watch them laugh and play together. it's fun to know that God is placing people in Mazericks life from a young age that can be an encouragement and friend to him. i'm glad i get to be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment