Tuesday, November 10, 2009

everything

i know what it is to be in need, and i know what it is to have plenty. i have learned the secret to being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want..... philippians 4:12

I feel like I can relate with Paul, who was the author of the above. I have never really been without, when it comes to food, but I have been in want. I mean sure I've been hungry before, but I don't think that really means I was without. It just means that we might not have what I want at the moment. It's not like I'm going without though.

This verse is kind of where I'm living right now. God told me... very clearly.... that I should not work. Sometimes God tells his people to do things that seem pretty outrageous. Seriously, why would someone that was getting an income not get that income anymore? Especially in this economy. It doesn't make a lot of sense. But, we're trusting. And, that's exactly where I think God wants us right now. Just in a place where we trust fully in him. Fully.

And, it's kind of fun. An adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment