Thursday, March 10, 2011

the discipline of celebrating

3/10/11
Day 2 of the discipline of Celebration

Celebrating again!  Focusing today on this verse....  Ecclesiastes 11:4, "Those who wait for perfect weather will never plant seeds; those who look at every cloud will never harvest crops."  This verse is meaningful to me for multiple reasons...  First off, in this season of celebration it reminds me to be grateful for perseverance.  I can celebrate perseverance because it will ultimately get me somewhere.  It seems a little odd...  Celebrating perseverance?  That's just weird.  But, think about it.  I can struggle to persevere, or I can celebrate the fact that I'm persevering.  So, in this season... I choose to celebrate perseverance.  And, despite the clouds, despite the rain.... shoot, despite the snow...  I persevere.  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which Christ has called me heavanward.  (philippians 3)  I want to know Christ!  I do!  And, in getting to know him I will do what he says...  I will listen to him, and I will follow.  And, I will celebrate!


Father, help me to persevere.  Even when times are tough, and I don't see any progress.  Help me to persevere.  And, not just to persevere, but do so with celebration!  I love you Jesus!


MamaMely



No comments:

Post a Comment