Sunday, January 23, 2011

Number 2

mLet me tell you a little bit about a program that I am part of.  It's blogging for books by Waterbrook.  I pick a book that is on their list (which is a lot of books to choose from) and I blog about it.  Then I get to keep the book!  Well, being that I love to read, I love this program!  I recieved my first book in the mail a few days ago, but I was in the middle of another book so I had to finish that first.  Well, it just happened to be another book by the same publishing company so I can review that for them as well.  You can review any book by their publishing company.  That's why I reviewed the book yesterday.  Well, I finished another last night, so I will review it here.

Let me tell you a bit about what I think about book reviews.  First of all, I don't even read the back cover of a book because I feel like it gives too much away.  So, in my reviews I will tell you some of the good premises of a book (or not so good, depending), but I will never give too much away.  Read the book for yourself if it's that good :)

The book I am reviewing today is another book by Rene Gutteridge, Skid.  It is also in the Occupational Hazards series.  This book took longer for me to get into, but once I was about 50 pages I didn't want to put it down.  The ending was especially good.

Gutteridge has a nack for bringing humor into nearly every situation.  She's a good writer.  Some of the things in her books are farfetched, but it's a book for crying out loud.  It's for entertainment purposes.  I definitely like how she draws you in though.

I was a bit disappointed in the beginning of the book that there were SO many characters that Gutteridge seemed to be developing.  I really wanted to just hear the main characters story, but in the end it all came together.  I just wish that it wouldn't have taken so long to get there.

I still give this book a 4 out of 5 stars.  It was a good read.

Rate my review at Multnomah here....

No comments:

Post a Comment