Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Last week

Anxiety…

I’m reading a book by Rene Gutteridge. She’s the one that wrote the story that the movie, “the ultimate gift” was based on. Anyway, the story is irrelevant, but I am learning a ton. There is this character in this book that is awesome. It’s like she really does have it all together, but not because of what she has, what she looks like, or who she is. It’s all because of her identity in Christ. She has said things like, “trusting God won’t definitely make your life easier. But you will know that there is something to hope for.” And, she’s telling an older lady who people are pressuring into botox (namely her bosses at the tv station she works for) that God designed us to age and that beauty is on the inside and allow God to age us as he sees fit. And, most recently she says to her boss, Hugo, while referring to anxiety… “With all due respect, do you know where anxiety comes from?” Hugo paused. Was this a trick question? From not trusting God. We’re all going to be anxious if we think we’re in control of our lives, because we’re contantly making mistakes. Do you know what I mean? We’ve got to trust our Father in heaven to take care of us, even when we mess up. Or when others mess things up for us.

Anyway, this book is just really speaking to me, and I really wanted to share it J

Another super amazing awesome thing happened today, and it’s about my kid. Yep. There it is. My kid Mazerick. He’s been talking about death lately, and how he doesn’t want to die. He doesn’t want to go to heaven because in order to go to heaven you have to die. Anyway, tonight I read him the story out of Revelation about the new heaven and new earth… from his kids bible, so it was easy for him to understand. At the end again he was like, “I don’t want to die.” And I explained to him that if he prayed to Jesus and asked Jesus to live with him forever and tried to live for him he didn’t have to worry about dying because even when his body here dies he would come back to life in Heaven and live forever. He was like, “Can I do it right now?” So, we prayed. First he said, “Mom, I want you to do it for me.” And, I said… Mazerick. I can’t do that for you. You have to make that decision. So, he repeated after me.

“Dear Jesus---Dear Jesus…”

“I want you to live with me forever---I want you to live with me forever…”

“I love you---I love you…”

“And I will try to always make you happy---And I will try to always make you happy…”

“Thank you Jesus---Thank you Jesus…”

“Amen---Amen…”

It’s definitely a theologians prayer J It’s the prayer of a little kid. And, I believe, with my whole heart that my little Maz meant it. He giggled and giggled afterwards. He said… “If the streets are gold can we drive cars on them? I wonder if there will be cars in Heaven. I hope there are cars in Heaven, because cars are cool.”

2 comments:

  1. Hey Melis! I haven't caught up on your blog for awhile. How awesome for Maz! Aren't you glad that you were the one who got to have that moment with him? Love you!

    ReplyDelete