Saturday, January 22, 2011

My first book review!

I was so excited to find out that I can blog, read a book, and get the book to keep if I write a review on it.   So, here's my first book review of many to come...  It's through Multnomah Publishing, and if you love books check it out here...

Scoop by Rene Gutteridge


This is not only my first book review for Multnomah, but the book "Scoop" is also the first in a series of books by Rene Gutteridge in the Occupational Hazards series.

Gutteridge was the author of the book "The Ultimate Gift" which was an excellent movie and the reason that I chose to read more books by her.

Scoop had an excellent story line.  I was captivated by the first page.  Gutteridge began the story by posting the obits of 2 people, Mom and Dad Hazard.

I not only thoroughly enjoyed the book, but I actually grew spiritually from the book.  I love it when that happens, especially when I'm not expecting it.

The Hazards (last name of a family if you haven't figured that f you out yet) are great at mixing faith and every day life.  It challenged me to live the same way.  

This book specifically targetted a few different "big topics", but I really benefited from the plot that encompassed getting older and worrying about the way we age.  Not a only is that a reason to, be anxious, but there are other themes in the book that are coming from an anxiety driven standpoint, which I also found very enlightening to read about.

I would give this book 5 stars, and I suggest it to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment