Tuesday, April 19, 2011

what God says

   Love never gives up. 
   Love cares more for others than for self. 
   Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. 
   Love doesn't strut, 
   Doesn't have a swelled head, 
   Doesn't force itself on others, 
   Isn't always "me first," 
   Doesn't fly off the handle, 
   Doesn't keep score of the sins of others, 
   Doesn't revel when others grovel, 
   Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, 
   Puts up with anything, 
   Trusts God always, 
   Always looks for the best, 
   Never looks back, 
   But keeps going to the end.
     Love never dies.


So true.  Funny thing.  I want to be loving, and I read this passage to know better how I can be loving.  And, I've expressed that my mind wanders.  It's true.  Well, here's where it wandered to tonight after I read this passage on "how I can be more loving".... I thought, hmmmm... interesting, nowhere in that passage does it say, "LOVE WINS."  I just found that funny :)  



Okay, well.... here's where I'm at with the whole LOVE issue...



  I will NOT give up!


  I will care for others more than myself... no matter how many times I hear, see, or read that I must love myself first!
  

  I will not want what I do not have! (yikes, that's a tough one)

   I will not strut!

    I will not let my head get swollen with pride!
  
I won't force myself on others!

    I won't be, "me first!"

    I won't fly off the handle!
  
 I won't keep score of your sins!
   
I won't get excited when you mess up!  (that's kind of hard for me too)

   I will take pleasure when I hear truth!
    
I will put up with anything!  (really, anything, God?)  ANYTHING!

   I will always trust God!  

   I will always look for the best!

   I will not look back!

  I will keep going to the end!

   I will not die!  (well, I will... but my legacy of love won't)

And that, my friends... is where I'm at...or at least striving to be at :)

2 comments:

  1. I will also be pleased if you refrain from "strutting." Heh...The Message said "strut."

    Seriously though, good word :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Melissa... you know you're awesome? AND you're great at letting people know you love them.

    ReplyDelete