Saturday, November 13, 2010

who am i?

“For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves.”- 1 Peter 2:15-16



do you ever hear a message and thing, "so and so needs to hear this."? or do you ever read scripture and think, "if only so and so read this this morning."? or do you ever hear a song and think, "wow... that fits so and so's life perfectly."?

this is something i have dealt with a lot in my life. it's just a form of judgment. and, it's not where i want to be. i am commited to being who God wants me to be... i am commited to being concerned about my life... and not always trying to "fix" others.

let me clarify... i don't think it's wrong to think of other people in an encouraging way. i just think it's wrong to pin a verse on a person in a simply angered or judgmental way. you can sort out the differences for yourself, but i understand what i mean :)

the whole chapter of 1 Peter 2 is pretty awesome, and i learned a lot by reading it today. i learned a lot about myself. i am grateful that i have been given the faith to believe easily that what God has for me is good.... even if it is sometimes not fun or isn't easy.


9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

yay.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I do and I know I need to stop that order of thinking. Thanks for the reminder. I'm off to read Peter. :)

    ReplyDelete